Wednesday, November 11, 2009

November 9, 2009

"Repetition of the same thought or physical action develops into a habit which, repeated frequently enough, becomes an automatic reflex."
-- Norman Vincent Peale

Pole:

Height: 13'... 13'6
Weight: 150 lbs... 140 lbs
Step: 7 step

Things to Work On:

1. Focus at the beginning before the run.
2. Remaining mentally calm but physically hyped.
3. Let the pole do its job. Wait at the top.
4. Left arm out at the plant.
5. Start slow and gradually get faster.

Comments:

Worked on the run for the majority of the practice. Finally figured out the problem with my run... someone had counted my seven step as an eight step, so the run's been too long and I've been getting tired at the end of the run because of this. Step is finally on, and the vault is showing it. I need to slow my breathing and clear my mind at the beginning of the run so that I can remain focused on the run itself rather than getting overly excited. Visualization is key! Prackett told me, "Don't see yourself doing it wrong. See yourself doing it right." Simple words, but they are true. Doing better techincally, but the road's not ended yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment